We’re looking for someone who loves building data-driven products to join us as a Software Developer at Echosec. We’re a growing team of six developers who value an entrepreneurial, customer-first approach to building data discovery tools.
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining features and data-sets for the Echosec open data search and aggregation products.
Echosec Search is a search and alerting tool for location-based social media. We provide an easy to use interface for open data analysists, security experts, journalists to find up to date crowdsourced information about real-world events.
Beacon sheds light on the dark web by combining indexes of TOR sites, paste-bin dumps, public discord and telegram chat logs into an advanced search interface for cybersecurity professionals.
Your work will range from writing front-end display code for visualization to adapting data for machine learning based classification and reporting. The team you’ll be working with focuses on working iteratively to deliver value to customers instead of just developing features and functions.
Your responsibilities would include
- Develop robust component based front-end interfaces in a moden JS framework.
- Participate in timely and constructive code review.
- Work with the Product Manager, and Technical Lead to define and scope tasks.
- Learn new skills in frameworks and cloud services by sharing blogs, and attending meetups / conferences.
- Grow the development team’s competencies.
- Are self starting.
- Have great interpersonal communication skills.
- Are comfortable working with remote team-mates.
- Love investigating and learning new APIs, services, and tools.
- Have a working knowledge developing in scalable, event-driven systems.
- Have experience profiling applications or tracking down performance problems.
- You provide constructive and helpful feedback to team members on code review and support the team in releasing high quality code on schedule.
Not required but an asset…
- You are comfortable with SVG and CSS3 concepts including flexbox and animations.
- You have experience developing on scalable event-driven systems, for example: Redis pub-sub, Amazon SQS/SNS, Akka, Storm.
- You are proficient developing web servers using route driven, MVC frameworks (eg: Laravel, Ruby on Rails, Play).
- Experience working with a Linux-Nginx-Postgres-PHP stack.
- Experience with data analysis.
- An understanding of Docker. We use Docker for our dev boxes and production deployments.