We’re looking for someone who loves building data-driven products to join us as a front end developer at Echosec. We’re a growing team of six developers who value an entrepreneurial, customer-first approach to building data discovery tools.
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining features and data-sets for the Echosec open data search and aggregation products.
Echosec Search is a search and alerting tool for location-based social media. We provide an easy to use interface for open data analysts, security experts, journalists to find up to date crowdsourced information about real-world events.
Beacon sheds light on the dark web by combining indexes of TOR sites, paste-bin dumps, public discord and telegram chat logs into an advanced search interface for cybersecurity professionals.
The team you’ll be working with focuses on working iteratively to deliver value to customers instead of just developing features and functions.
As a front end developer your responsibilities would include:
- Be customer focused and work with the Product Manager and Lead UI Developer to deliver on product vision.
- Work with the development team on constructive code reviews. Provide and take feedback on design and architecture decisions.
- Implement product requirements into the codebase.
- Help resolve bugs and performance issues in the codebase.
- Iterate and ship code in a continuous integration and continuous deployment environment.
- Have experience with CSS preprocessors (LESS / SASS).
- Experience with tooling like Webpack and Babel.
- Have 2+ years of experience working in an agile development environment.
- You provide constructive and helpful feedback to team members on code review and support the team in releasing high quality code on schedule.
Not required but an asset…
- Some knowledge of test driven development and testing frameworks (Jest).
- Experience with Typescript.
- Previous experience in a remote friendly environment.
- Experience profiling code with the chrome development tools.
- You are comfortable with SVG and CSS3 concepts including flexbox and animations.